Archive for January 14, 2010

Mickey Wipe Case

Here is a cute custom wipe box for the first family member to comment on this post.

I used Mickey fabric for the Disney fans we have, but if you would like a different print just let me know.

Advertisements

Comments (8) »

Cloth Covered Balloons

Before the holidays I ordered a couple of cloth-covered balloon balls on Etsy, I was impressed with how well they worked, we had a lot of fun playing with the balls indoor and they were so light nothing was broken. The fabric added just enough weight to the balloon to offer you control over where the ball went. I decided that I wanted to make some so here is the one I completed today. I made the cloth-covered balloon ball for Mary’s party, I am going to make one for each of the goody bags.One down 8 more to go.

I created a pattern based on a cloth ball I had made but here are a couple of sites that offer free patterns if you want to try this.

http://www.health.state.ny.us/diseases/conditions/dementia/edge/interventions/simple/docs/tether_ball.pdf

http://assets.teamusa.org/assets/documents/attached_file/filename/13508/balloon_volleyball.pdf

Both of these sites offer the pattern free for personal use, the pattern is not available for you to resale. As a crafter myself I feel it is important honor the copyrights of others.

Comments (2) »

More Burp Cloths

I just finished another batch of Burp Rags these I listed on my ETSY site since Nikki has been given me so many kudos recently.

These adorable burp rags have cheerful pattern of turtles and dots are 100% cotton prewashed for shrinkage and softness and lined with warm and natural batting. Each one has the print on one side and solid color flannel on the back. Contoured and measuring approx. 21″ by 10″ they provide ample coverage for even the big messes. The edges have been cut and frayed, they will get better looking with each wash.

I just layed the flannel and batting out together and cut a rectangle then I contoured in the sides. I stitched together using a wide seam allowance and made little cuts along the seam allowance to allow for the fraying. I am very pleased with the way they turned out.

Comments (1) »